If you need a wills lawyer in Wakefield, we can help.

When you make a will you have control over what becomes of any property, possessions, assets or pensions after you die. If you should die without making one – described legally as dying “intestate” literally ‘without testament’ – the government has statutory guide lines as to how your assets will be distributed. To ensure you retain control over your wishes and give peace of mind to you and your loved ones it is highly recommended you make a will. A will also has certain tax advantages. Your Family Law Wakefield solicitor may help you find considerable tax savings and advise you on how to plan for them accordingly.To begin the process of making a will or to discuss the will of a loved one, contact our specialist team today.

Wills Lawyer Wakefield – Family Law Wakefield

If you need a wills lawyer Wakefield, contact Family Law Wakefield. We can help you with the process and get you talking with a family law solicitor with expertise in wills near you.

Maybe someone close to you has died intestate’ (without a will)? We can give initial free legal advice on:

  • What to do next?
  • Entitlement to inheritance?
  • How to find out how much much tax is due?

Even though they may have died without a will, there is a good chance you are still entitled to a share of the assets. However it can be very complicated, get in touch and we will do our best to help.


Even if a will is in place along with named ‘executors’, individuals chosen to administer the deceased’s estate, an application for a ‘grant of probate’ must be made to the appropriate court.

What is a ‘probate’?

Probate is a term used to describe the process of applying for the right to administer an estate. If someone you know dies you must get permission if you wish to take the responsibility for the estate. Without ‘probate’ you will not be granted this responsibility, and therefore would not be able to administer, for example, their bank accounts.

When the deceased has not made a will and has died intestate’ a close relative can apply to administer the estate, to do this they must apply for a ‘grant of letters of administration’ from the probate registry.

As you can imagine this is all a complex and complicated business which will benefit from being dealt with by a lawyer.

Family law Wakefield family laws solicitors can advise on the collaborative law process on your behalf giving expert in-depth legal advice and representation that fits your given situation.

Contact Our Specialist Wills & Probate Lawyers Wakefield Today

You can get in touch with Family law Wakefield and get initial free advice on wills and probate in the following ways:

  • Calling us:
  • Wakefield: 01924 588 694; Doncaster 01302 590 235; Bradford 01274 288 614;
    Leeds 0113 320 4251; Rotherham 01709 242 462; Halifax 01422 400 793;
    Dewsbury 01924 950 615; Huddersfield 01484 598 538
  • Fill out our online enquiry form
  • [email protected]

You can get in touch with lawyers near you in Wakefield and they will take you through the various processes step by step.

Enquire now

    Please tick to confirm you have read and agree with our privacy policy and are happy for us to process the personal information provided.